Trouble paying your bill
Everyone can have trouble paying their energy bills now and then. If you're struggling with your bills, please get in touch so we can help.
Call us on 0345 070 7395. We're here Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 2pm. Or ask us to call you by filling the form linked at the bottom of the page.
How we'll help
When you speak to us, we'll ask you some questions and sort out the best way for you to manage your bills and payments. To let us check if you qualify for extra help like the Warm Home Discount please tell us if you're:
- Have a disability or long term illness
- Have dependants under 18 years old
- Get any benefits
- Have severe financial insecurity/low income
- Are a tenant or the bills are in your landlords name and you pay them for your gas or electricity
As well as sorting out a plan that works for you, we'll go through ways to bring down your bills. And we'll tell you about discounts you can get and other orgainisations that can help you with debts.
Check your bills and cut costs
It's always worth checking your energy bills. If you could lower them by changing your tariff or way you pay, we'll tell you on your bill.
It's also good to check estimated readings that could make your bill higher than it actually is. Giving us regular readings makes sure your bills are accurate.
When you know what you're using, you can take steps to cut down your costs. Save energy with simple, practical tips covered in our 'Energy and efficiency' advice at the bottom of the page.
Choose a way to pay that's right for you
The link at the bottom of the page shows you all the ways you can pay your bills.
Lots of our customers choose to pay by monthly Direct Debit. You'll get a discount of up to £80 a year (deducted from your standing charge) and can spread the cost over the year. We can include any arrears in your monthly payments so they're affordable.
You could choose to pay for your energy as you use it with a Pay As You Go meter. This meter lets you buy your gas and/or electricity upfront so you're in control of what you spend. And a Pay As You Go meter can take any debt in automatic weekly payments. Find out more about Pay As You Go meters using the link at the bottom of the page.
Get help from other organisations
If you want to talk to someone else about your bills or other debts, there are other organisations out there.
- Energy Saving Advice Service have advice about reducing energy bills and energy efficiency measures. Call them on 0300 123 1234 (England and Wales)
- Home Energy Scotland can help with energy efficiency advice and ideas to trim your energy bills. Call them on 0808 808 2282.
- National Debtline gives independent advice on any debts – call them on 0800 808 4000.
- StepChange are a leading charity that will help if you're struggling with bills. Call them 0800 138 1111 or visit their website.
Get help with Green Deal
If you're worried about your Green Deal arrangement, help is at hand. If you're in England or Wales, speak to the Energy Saving Advice Service (ESAS) on 0300 123 1234. If you're in Scotland, speak to Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282.