Careline and Priority Services Register
At SSE, we understand that when it comes to managing your energy bills and usage, there are times when a little extra help, or inclusive services, can make all the difference.
That's why we offer you the option to sign up to our Priority Services Register, giving you extra support when you need it the most. Our Priority Services Register gives you access to our friendly call centre staff, who can offer advice on a range of helpful and accessible services, at no extra cost to you.
- A 'knock and wait' service, which gives you more time to answer the door, and a password scheme, so you, or the person representing you, can identify who is at the door.
- Bills and communications in adapted formats such as large print, Braille and audio.
- Arranging for communications to be sent to an authorised friend or family member, who can act on your behalf to manage your accounts, if you both agree.
- Additional services to allow you to communicate directly with us if English is not your primary language or if you use British Sign Language you can contact us via sse.co.uk/signvideo.
- Priority help in the event of a power cut if you rely on electricity for medical equipment.
- If you, and anyone else living in your property, are unable to read your meter, we can do this for you on a quarterly basis to ensure you receive accurate bills.
- If you have a Prepayment meter that you are having difficulty accessing or topping up, we can move or change the meter free of charge.
- For further information, or to arrange extra support or services, call our Careline team on 0800 622 838. We may even be able to offer extra help in managing your bills. If you are a text telephone user, you can find out more about our Careline services using textline on 0800 622 839. Please use textline for typed messages only.
Follow the links at the bottom of this page to find out more about the services we provide.
If you need additional help from us, you may be able to register for help from other utility companies. For example, water suppliers may offer similar services to ours. Contact your water supplier and ask them about any extra help and support they can give you.
Extra support in a power cut
With your permission, we'll also pass your details to your local network operator.
They can then give you appropriate support if there's a power cut and give you advance notice of any essential work that could disrupt your supply.
Talking to us directly
Once you've registered, you can phone our Careline team directly whenever you need to talk with us about your account.
Phone: 0800 622 838
Textline: 0800 622 839
You can get in touch by phone or textline from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays.
Other ways to get in touch
If you can't call us, you can also get in touch in the following ways:
Email and online form
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also use our online form. There's a link to it at the bottom of the page.
We'll usually get back to you within two working days.
You can chat to us using webchat when you see the speech bubble icon near the top-right of a page on our website. Select this icon to start a chat with one of our advisers.
If you can't see the speech bubble icon, it means there are no advisers free at the moment.
You can use Facebook or Twitter to contact us.
If you get in touch during our office hours, we aim to get back to you within an hour.
There are links to our Facebook page and Twitter profile below.
British Sign Language (BSL) Signvideo service
Our SignVideo service allows you to talk securely about your accounts using British Sign Language (BSL).
There's a link below to more information about SignVideo.
Write to us
Our postal address is:
200 Dunkeld Road
If your letter needs a reply, we'll get back to you within five working days of receiving it.
If you'd like us to reply in a particular format, please let us know in your letter.