At SSE, we're committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly. We never forget that you have a choice of energy supplier and are grateful that you have chosen us.
We created our Treating Customers Fairly Statement to set out, in plain terms, how we are meeting the 'Standards of Conduct' introduced by the industry regulator Ofgem. The aim of these Standards is to improve the experience customers have with their energy supplier and ensure fair treatment. Our Treating Customers Fairly Statement provides more information about these Standards and the actions we’re taking.
You can also find more information about our responsibilities to you plus helpful advice including our 'Complaints Handling Statement', our 'Paying Your Energy Bill' guide and our 'Prepayment Meter Statement - Information on Pay As You Go Services' on our legal and regulatory information page, below. Our Customer Charter gives you more information about what you can expect from us and the pledges we've made to go above and beyond industry standards for customer service.
Our key objective is to ensure that you are treated fairly. To help achieve this, we are committed to meeting the following Standards:
1. We will behave and carry out any actions in a fair, honest, transparent, appropriate and professional way.
2. The information we give to you (whether verbally or in writing) will be complete, accurate and truthful and in clear and plain language. It will be related to products and/or services that are appropriate for you. It will also be fairly presented, with the most important information highlighted to you.
3. We will always act promptly and courteously to help you. If something goes wrong or a mistake is made, we will work with you to fix this without fuss.
4. We continually review the way we do things to ensure our work is complete, thorough, fit for purpose and transparent.
5. We will make it easy for you to contact us.
If you would like a printed copy of our Treating Customers Fairly Statement or our Customer Charter, please get in touch.
Call us on 0345 026 2658. All of our contact centres are UK-based and are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays.
You can also talk to us by emailing us through our website, or contacting us via Twitter (@YourSSE) or on Facebook.
Alternatively, write to us at: SSE, Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 3AQ.